Tuesday 20 September 2011

VEGETABLES



Carmi's Thematic Challenge this week is VEGETABLES. Thought I'd start with some really colourful ones, so here are carrots.....




..........and radishes. Yes, you've seen them before under "RED" but I thought they were yummy enough to include again!




Then leeks - one of my favourites, just wilted in butter so they keep lovely and green.




And broccoli - can't understand why people don't like it. I think its really great. But you mustn't overcook it.




And last of all, Savoy cabbage. The dark green leaves are very good for you, full of minerals as well as vitamins, so I shred them very finely, (trying not to include finger) and cook them very briefly, along with the rest of the cabbage, shredded, in the minimum of water for the minimum of time. And with a knob of butter on top!

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do love vegetables. All of them. Except beetroot.

3 comments:

Little Nell said...

Gorgeous pictures Gilly. The Savoy cabbage had me guessing for a moment, like one of those mystery photos of everyday objects photographed from unusual angles. I’m not a vegetarian either but I do love them (including beetroot!).

Max Sartin said...

Nice pictures. Love the color you got out of the radishes. Think I'll go make dinner now...

carmilevy said...

I'm not a vegetarian, either, but keep pictures like these coming and I just might become one :)

Collectively, these have such a freshness to them. Love, love, love how you've shot these bunches. Now, please excuse me: I'm hungry!