Tuesday 22 November 2011

MUTED

Carmi's Challenge this week is MUTED

I love muted colours, bright and brash is not for me!



And we've had some rather muted weather this week, as fog descended upon us one morning. The overhanging willows on the lakeside always make for a good photo.




As do the trees in the Park disappearing as I looked at them. Unfortunately not only did I lose the trees, I also lost my dog! Because our garden backs onto the Park, he considers the whole park merely an extension of his garden. I eventually found him waiting by the gate!




Beech tree roots - give the impression of strong, been-there-forever, roots. But Beech trees are very shallow rooted, and a strong wind, especially if the trees are still in leaf, can blow them over remarkably easily.

But I think the colours are beautiful!

3 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Trees in the fog, one weeping towards the water. Fantastic pictures.

Alexia said...

How lovely! These are stunning pictures, Gilly; I especially love the top one.

Bob Scotney said...

That beech tree must have stood for 200 years judging by the size of it. The impact of fog on sound is amazing, it really mutes everything - great shot.