Tuesday 5 August 2014

PLEASE BE SEATED

A children's programme used to start "Are you sitting comfortably?   Then I'll begin......

After standing up to sing a hymn, the congregation is invited to "please be seated".

And Carmi this week is asking us to illustrate "Please be seated".   Go to his web site to see how others have asked us to "Please be seated...."


Well, here they are, all ready.........



......the sun!


When I saw this being erected, I was puizzled as to what is was.   But leaning over the wall I was fascinated by the patterns made by the shadows.


On our return, I realised they were preparing for some sort of entertainment, with seats, and a shade from the very hot sun in Palma, Majorca!



Not a comfortable seat for ordinary mortals!   Maybe they have giants in Staffordshire, where someone has carved a magnificent giant-sized sofa!

4 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oh yeah, I'm liking all your chairs, and where they are waiting to be used! Very comfy except maybe for the last one! But excellent artwork.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love the Giant Sofa!

I'll bet they did, too.
~

Max Sartin said...

I'm ready to relax around that pool. great shots.

Bob Scotney said...

Too many sunbeds, too little room. I 'd take the giant sofa every time.