Wednesday 8 October 2014

RUN DOWN

Run down, unloved, needing repair - so many things today seem like that.   Carmi has set us the challenge this week to find these unloved spots or items.   Go to the link above to see what other photographers have found in their countries.


Definitely unloved, though with that left hand window open I do wonder if the company next door is using the rooms?    Hope its not another cannabis factory!



Not recommended for using as a pier now, but we were told that it was the original boarding pier for liners carrying the hundreds of Irish people wanting to emigrate to the USA because of the potato famine.   It would also, in that case, have been used by the Titanic, but it doesn't look big enough to me!   Irish folk stories I think!





These apartments in Lisbon, Portugal looked very run down, with grass and even bushes growing in the gutters, and the fascia sadly in need of some paint.   But they were occupied, so maybe it was the landlords who were responsible.   Same the world over!





And this poor little specimen on the right was what was sent to me from a plant firm when  I ordered two Astrantia plants.   I complained and got my money back, but won't be using that firm again!

4 comments:

21 Wits said...

Gilly all great rundown photos. Your first unloved one, is one that I could quickly learn to love with a bit of TLC and all spruced up, I can just imagine how fun that would be!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

At least the seagulls are loving that pier!
~

Bob Scotney said...

Thanks for letting me know about the missing link. I lost it a second time as well.
Good series of run down pics you have shown us.

Linda said...

Great series of photos.