Thursday 16 June 2016

IN THE METAL

Carmi, over at writteninc.thematic photography has chosen IN THE METAL for this week's theme.

There is so much that used to be metal that is now plastic, that just looking round the home I realised how much had changed.

However, I found one thing that hasn't changed, and one that has very much changed!


They haven't managed to make our small change into plastic!  Yet!




Do you remember when OXO Cubes used to come in little metal boxes?   It was a long, long time ago, you might have to ask some of your very elderly relatives about it!   But if they are still around, they are terribly handy for keeping little things in!   this one keeps paper clips!   But thought I'd show it on one of my elderly recipe books!


Do go to the link above and see other  metal working!   And leave a comment if you've visited here, I do love reading them!


3 comments:

21 Wits said...

I like the gathering of the coins, and that game is not one I recall, from over here, but it looks very interesting. Enjoy your day.

Bob Scotney said...

Great shots. I keep my coins on a saucer on my desk that is labled 'A Round Tuit.' OXO cubes are not the same now they are not found in tins.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

oh my gracious! I LOVE that box...........!!

This is the time to admit to having a collection, (still not discovered i think mostly due to the fact that they are scattered throughout our home) of old tins.
Ahhhhhh.........!