Thursday 24 November 2016

OUT FOR A WALK

Sometimes I go for a walk, just to get some fresh air and clear my mind.   Other times, like on holiday, or visiting another town, then I look for interesting places, and drive my husband mad by photographing odd bits and pieces!

So here are some "Things I have seen and thought interesting"



In the far north of Norway, walking round one of the small villages up there, we saw these cod (or maybe haddock!) drying in the air.


Manhole covers in Stavanger, Norway, are far from boring!


In Cadiz, Spain, we passed a nursery school, and when I smiled at the children, they rushed to see these strange people!!



In Sete, in France, I spotted this pretty net curtain almost hidden behind the blue shutters

And then, of course, there are photos taken of the walk, mostly local.


Non-local, this is my daughter who insisted on having a paddle when she and I went to Nerja, Spain in Spain a couple of years ago!


One of our local walks.   There's always one who goes the wet way!



Autumn
 in our local park is always beautiful


Tittesworth Reservoir and  beauty spot, with lots of birds and walks.



Macclesfield Forest in winter.   This is about the only flat path there!


And lastly, in La Palma, Canary Islands, this is what you enjoy at the end of a long walk!!

Hope you've enjoyed these.   Go to Carmi's website to see what others have found on their walks, and post your own!


3 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Looks as if it's just you and me out for a walk. I haven't checked the 'Anonymous' link just in case.

You took for a long walk round the places you have visited including Stavanger where I lived for 10 years. I don't remember seeing that interesting manhole cover then. I'm wondering where you found it.

I don't like having to select images to prove I'm not a robot.

kenju said...

I like your walk photos! The man-hole cover is very nice!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Very nice set, Gilly.

I always have at least one walk with Theda, but I'm trying to get an extra (long) one in also. Seems I need it at my age...
~