Tuesday 1 November 2016

WHERE I SHOP

Well, for one things, I am no great lover of pushing a trolley load of food round a Supermarket and then standing in a queue!   So I have most of my groceries delivered by one of a team of lovely men who bring the stuff straight into the kitchen for me, and help me unload.

But I do love markets - food or flea! - and especially love foreign markets.   Unfortunately on our latest holiday we managed to miss the market days, so I am posting some of our local markets.

Join me in the hunt for bargains!



Our local monthly market - no it doesn't always rain!

Flea Market in Leek, Staffordshire



There are a couple of lovely bread stalls - my mouth waters!



And a stall selling all sorts of scones





The other bread stall





And I found two photos of foreign markets I took 5 years ago - Bergen, in Norway, had the most fascinating fish stalls, and a whole stall dedicated to strawberries!

Go to Carmi's blog to see where other people shop and let us know where you find your delicacies!

3 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

What lovely market scenes! I am drooling at the photos of breads and scones. It's time for lunch!

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness, what fun shops these are, and all those incredible food choices! I even enjoyed seeing folks out and about shopping even in the rain! Nice post Gilly!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The fresh seafood looks wonderful, Gilly.
~