Tuesday 13 August 2013

DOWNWARDS

Carmi has challenged us to find photographic subjects that show the idea of DOWNWARDS. Now I have no head for heights, and therefore take very few photographs looking downwards from a height!   If I do, I am gripping hard onto the wall or whatever is between me and a terrible void!

So my photographs, I hope, are all downwards in themselves.   To see what others have come up, or down, with, follow the link above.



An old park bench



I know stairs go up as well as down, but these stairs all say 'down' to me!



One of the many waterfalls in Geiranger Fjord, Norway, which hurl themselves down the almost sheer sides.



Definitely a down for this supermarket trolley!



I know this looks perfectly level, but that little lad is definitely going to go down with that pump handle!   Taken in Stavanger, Norway

8 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I love the first three! Good work.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That waterfall is spectacular.

Maybe the trolley was tired of being used in the supermarket, and dreamed of a life lounging in the lake?
~

Max Sartin said...

Awesome waterfall shot, and the shopping cart made me laugh.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Great photos Gilly! The waterfall is beautiful and I love the shopping cart, sorry, trolley! I love the variety of your photos each week Gilly.

21 Wits said...

Help, save that cart! Ha! Ha! What lovely downward shots you've shared. That last one dated 1866, wow, just very interesting.

Bob Scotney said...

I recognised the waterfall immediately. I spent 10 years in Stavanger but couldn't have been looking down. Just where was that shot taken?

Alexia said...

What a great selection! The waterfall is spectacular - but I think I actually like the last one best :)

Jess Brady said...

Nicely done, Gilly! I think my favourite shot is of the stairs - just love they way they curve - but I also like the picture of the shopping buggy, definitely made me laugh :)